What is the Inca Jungle Trail?
The Inca Jungle Trail is a fantastic alternative route to reach Machu Picchu, it combines mountain biking, whitewater rafting, hiking, hot springs, a zip line, and a lot of Inca history. This action-packed adventure takes you into the Peruvian jungle, along a beautiful section of the original Inca Trail, and finishes in Machu Picchu one of the most incredible locations on the planet. You will experience various stunning landscapes, including; the Andean mountain range, cloud forest, Urubamba River, and Peruvian jungle. You will also have time to explore local banana, coffee, and avocado plantations. With such a unique and varied itinerary, it’s not hard to see why the Inca Jungle Tour is now one of the most fascinating routes to Machu Picchu. If you’re searching for a multi-sport adventure and want to experience as much of Peru’s incredible scenery as possible, this is the ideal tour for you..
Highlights of the Inca Jungle Trek
- Book with Confidence and Flexibility
- Best multi-sport tour to Machu Picchu
- Enjoy the thrilling mountain biking down to the rain forest
- Adrenaline-filled river rafting on class II and III rapids
- Trek along off the beaten lost Inca Trails
- Visit Machu Picchu and return on the panoramic train
On this day, we will pick you up from your hotel and drive about 2:30 hours to reach the Abra Malaga, at 4,316 meters, from where we’ll start our mountain biking descent for more than 2 hours. Our guide will provide us with the gear and a safety speech.
This mountain bike ride takes about 45 kilometers (27 miles). Along the route, you’ll have incredible views of how the Andes are changing in the high Peruvian jungle. Once you have done with the cycling, you’ll board the bus to reach Santa Maria, located at 1,200 meters (3937 feet), where you’ll enjoy a local lunch.
After that, you’ll have a great time whitewater rafting on the Urubamba River, which takes about 2 hours in total.
Once you’ve done with this activity, you’ll have dinner and spend the first night in this town.
The most adventurous day on this four-day tour begins after a great breakfast, when you’ll start the hike through the Peruvian high jungle. This hike takes about 8 hours in total, and the distance is 18km (11 miles). This hike will take you to the most incredible landscapes with spectacular views. You will also visit some local farms where cacao, banana, avocado, papaya, and coffee plantations are grown and learn about them.
• Be ready to see the wildlife around the area, including monkeys, parrots, snakes, spiders, and more.
• Hike on the most famous Inca trail with great history and enjoy the best view of the valley.
• After a few hours of hiking, you will reach the thermal baths, where you can relax and enjoy the surrounding landscape.
Spend the night in Santa Teresa town.
Let’s continue exploring the breathtaking high rainforest of Peru; today will be an adrenaline-filled day. Our team will pick us up from the restaurant and take us to the base camp for the zip lines, where we will get our equipment and be ready to fly across the valley’s many wires.
You will hike to the renowned Machu Picchu town in the afternoon by following the train rail. You will enjoy breathtaking vistas on this hiking section, and even better see the amazing Machu Picchu.
The most important day on this Inca Jungle Trail is today, when we’re going to visit Machu Picchu, one of the most important Inca sites in all of Peru!
Wake up early in order to see the sunrise in Machu Picchu, board our bus, and explore this enigmatic ancient building. Your guide will take you to the best viewing point to enjoy this modern wonder.
Explore the highlights of it before the crowds arrive and take your time to capture the most incredible photos.
After you have done visiting the whole circuit, you will take your bus down to Machu Picchu town, have some lunch there, and board the train to return to Cusco.
Included in the Inca Jungle Trek
- Safety briefing that is held the day before the tour.
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel.
- All transportation Included during the tour.
- Entrance Ticket to all the places we visit
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- One night in a rustic lodge on day 1
- One night in a basic hotel on day 2
- One night in a 3-star hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Comfortable mountain bikes, helmets, and gloves
- Rafting equipment with professional guides
- Three breakfasts, three lunches, and three dinners
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- Round trip bus to Machu Picchu
- Train back to Ollantaytambo
- Transportation back to your hotel
- First Aid Kit
Not Included in the Inca Jungle Trek
- Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Machu Picchu Mountain (Different from Machu Picchu citadel)
- Trekking poles
- First breakfast and last day lunch at Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance (Strongly recommended)